Wednesday 11/14/2018 by swittersdc

FALL TOUR 2018 -- HF POD RECAP!

Although it only lasted just over two weeks, this Fall Tour was a doozy. We have come to outlive our brains, maybe? We have plenty to talk about, including the Hampton Simple vs. Hampton Golden Age, the lyrical improvements of this tour, the secretive nature of the Kasvot Voxt set and Kuroda's continuing magic.

In this episode, we have a mix of conversation and music, including musical highlights from each of the 5 runs of this tour:

Albany - 20 Years Later

Hampton - Golden Age

Nashville - Ghost

Chicago - Tube

Vegas - Mercury

Hope you enjoy this conversation and music, and we'll be back very soon. Give us a review on Apple Podcasts!

If you liked this blog post, one way you could "like" it is to make a donation to The Mockingbird Foundation, the sponsor of Phish.net. Support music education for children, and you just might change the world.


Comments

, comment by jsauce
jsauce You're not alone in being a little miffed when the rig drops right in front of your view. CK5 needs to stay in his lane. He's been way too active for my taste. He is driving the direction of jams (which is fine) in a way that is unnatural and distracting (which is not).

On another note, the timer is reading 18:30 before we even get to any discussion about the music. You could afford to tighten it up a bit.
, comment by prepschoolhippie04
prepschoolhippie04 cant wait to listen... hey when are y'all gunna update jamcharts w fall tour jams? lol
, comment by jsauce
jsauce @jsauce said:
You're not alone in being a little miffed when the rig drops right in front of your view. CK5 needs to stay in his lane. He's been way too active for my taste. He is driving the direction of jams (which is fine) in a way that is unnatural and distracting (which is not).

On another note, the timer is reading 18:30 before we even get to any discussion about the music. You could afford to tighten it up a bit.
Geez, Jsauce. Think before you write!!!
, comment by Spudster
Spudster @jsauce said:
the timer is reading 18:30 before we even get to any discussion about the music. You could afford to tighten it up a bit.
Personally speaking, I haven't listened to any of these podcasts because of this tendency.
, comment by makisupamikey
makisupamikey We are come to outlive our brains.
, comment by PhishyFlocker
PhishyFlocker No love for Chicago's No Man's?!
, comment by humalupa
humalupa @Spudster said:
@jsauce said:
the timer is reading 18:30 before we even get to any discussion about the music. You could afford to tighten it up a bit.
Personally speaking, I haven't listened to any of these podcasts because of this tendency.
There's plenty of discussion about the music occurring essentially as it happens on this website and elsewhere, and of course, the music itself is readily available from multiple sources. So with that in mind, I love HF Pod for what it sometimes is: a virtual hang-session with smart, articulate, like-minded fans. Talk on, guys!
, comment by Mattc3039
Mattc3039 @PhishyFlocker said:
No love for Chicago's No Man's?!
Reba was also fantastic in Chicago. Also, the jam out of Everything’s Right into Cities was awesome.
, comment by Mattc3039
Mattc3039 @Mattc3039 said:
@PhishyFlocker said:
No love for Chicago's No Man's?!
Reba was also fantastic in Chicago. Also, the jam out of Everything’s Right into Cities in Albany was awesome.
, comment by mblum
mblum @jsauce said:
You're not alone in being a little miffed when the rig drops right in front of your view. CK5 needs to stay in his lane. He's been way too active for my taste. He is driving the direction of jams (which is fine) in a way that is unnatural and distracting (which is not).

On another note, the timer is reading 18:30 before we even get to any discussion about the music. You could afford to tighten it up a bit.
I don't understand down-voting this legitimate opinion of the lights and constructive criticism of the podcast. Post gets my upvote for having something thoughtful and constructive to say, and for being critical respectfully.
, comment by BuffaloRiverRat
BuffaloRiverRat The Nashville Ghost has the magik. It’s fun when it happens.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Support Phish.net & MBIRD
Phish News
Subscribe to Phish-News for exclusive info while on tour!


Phish.net

Phish.net is a non-commercial project run by Phish fans and for Phish fans under the auspices of the all-volunteer, non-profit Mockingbird Foundation.

This project serves to compile, preserve, and protect encyclopedic information about Phish and their music.

Credits | Terms Of Use | Legal

© 1990-2018  The Mockingbird Foundation, Inc. | Hosted by End Point Corporation