Comments

, comment by ckess22
ckess22 Good jams here. I haven't listened to these in a while...
, comment by kidrob
kidrob I really loved this West Coast run. BGCA is an awesome venue to see Phish.
, comment by n00b100
n00b100 A really nice and potent combo from Summer 2013. My favorite Jim of the past few years, even over 8/31/12. I miss Energy.
, comment by powerfulpills_77
powerfulpills_77 It would be nice to get an "energy" during the New Years run - that's one I wanted to catch live since they debuted it
, comment by ski2sea
ski2sea I love this 2 song combo. One of my favorite jams of that summer.
, comment by Uakari
Uakari Bring Energy back!
, comment by relax_inn
relax_inn I have nothing at all against Energy, but I wasn't aware that people wanted it back so badly...it seems like a really cookie cutter song to me
, comment by funkbeard
funkbeard I brought my folks to this show. You should've seen the way they threw down during Carini right after this Jim. As for the Jim, it's an astounding jam.
, comment by funkbeard
funkbeard That is, you should've seen my folks throwing down during Carini. Epcot!
, comment by BoyManIndy
BoyManIndy Energy is a great song and spun off fun jams. May have been forgotten about as the band focused on its own new material but would welcome it back. How about Energy> Vibration of Life> Energy for an encore?
, comment by fluff_hen
fluff_hen I thought I was the only fan who missed Energy! Bring it back! BGCA 2016, can't wait.
, comment by steamstash
steamstash @BoyManIndy said:
Energy is a great song and spun off fun jams. May have been forgotten about as the band focused on its own new material but would welcome it back. How about Energy> Vibration of Life> Energy for an encore?
Yes Please.
, comment by stillpeaking
stillpeaking The band who wrote it requested Phish stop playing it. I am glad I caught this one; the last one.. this show was insane..
, comment by n00b100
n00b100 @stillpeaking said:
The band who wrote it requested Phish stop playing it. I am glad I caught this one; the last one.. this show was insane..
You are not the only person who has said this, and there is still not a shred of evidence that I have seen (and tried to Google) that supports this. Rather, there's an interview with Apples in Stereo founder Robert Schneider from right around SPAC '13 saying how much he liked it:

http://www.jambands.com/features/2013/07/10/the-apples-in-stereo-share-energy-with-phish/

And here's something the Apples in Stereo posted on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theapplesinstereo/posts/10151755846755152?stream_ref=5

This theory was tossed out on the board, and I wish I could remember who thought it up, but it makes the most sense to me - songs like that one, Snow, and Architect made it into the rotation as placeholders for the Fuego songs that would debut in the Fall. Once all those songs entered the rotation, no need for Energy or Architect in a second set when Fuego or Wingsuit would do the job (and are actually Phish songs). C'est la vie.
, comment by stillpeaking
stillpeaking All the cool kids were saying it n00b100..

Anyway this show was mindbending.. This pairing and the the Light later in the set was white hot re-entry nukeular
, comment by n00b100
n00b100 @stillpeaking said:
Anyway this show was mindbending.. This pairing and the the Light later in the set was white hot re-entry nukeular
This I do not disagree with. Very underrated show.
, comment by natesdad
natesdad This was the first phish concert I ever saw.I didn't realize how great it was at the time.I went there in honor of my Son,Nate,who was supposed to be there but was tragically murdered before He could make it.I will always remember this show for this reason and have been going to see them ever since.
, comment by stillpeaking
stillpeaking @natesdad said:
This was the first phish concert I ever saw.I didn't realize how great it was at the time.I went there in honor of my Son,Nate,who was supposed to be there but was tragically murdered before He could make it.I will always remember this show for this reason and have been going to see them ever since.
Very sorry to hear that. Glad to see you're carrying on for him
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Support Phish.net & MBIRD
Phish News
Subscribe to Phish-News for exclusive info while on tour!


Phish.net

Phish.net is a non-commercial project run by Phish fans and for Phish fans under the auspices of the all-volunteer, non-profit Mockingbird Foundation.

This project serves to compile, preserve, and protect encyclopedic information about Phish and their music.

Credits | Terms Of Use | Legal

© 1990-2018  The Mockingbird Foundation, Inc. | Hosted by End Point Corporation